Smith makes their new M&P M2.0 official
It was leaked by Academy a while ago, but on Jan. 3 Smith and Wesson made their new and improved entry into the world of “Glock killers,” their updated M&P M2.0, official.
It will probably be a super hot item at SHOT Show coming up and with a MSRP of $599 and both standard black and FDE offerings up for grabs, could do well.
From S&W’s presser:
Highlights of the M&P M2.0 pistol include an extended stainless-steel chassis and high grip to barrel bore axis ratio for reduced muzzle rise and faster aim recovery. The M&P M2.0 pistol further improves performance with a fine-tuned, crisper trigger, lighter pull, and a tactile and audible reset. The pistol, available in three calibers (9mm, 40S&W and .45 ACP), includes an aggressively-textured grip and four interchangeable palmswell inserts for optimal hand-fit and trigger reach.
Superior Ergonomic Design
• M&P pistol’s optimal 18-degree grip angle, providing a natural point of aim
• M&P pistol high grip-to-barrel bore axis – more comfortable to shoot, faster aim recovery
• Four interchangeable dimensional palmswell grips for best-in-class fit: S,M,ML,L
• New aggressive M2.0 textured grip for enhanced control
• New front cocking serrations
• New M2.0 crisp trigger with lighter trigger pull
• Tactile and audible trigger reset
• Accurate 1 in 10” twist 9mm and 40S&W, and 1 in 15” twist .45 Auto M&P M2.0 barrels
• Extended rigid embedded stainless steel chassis to reduce flex and torque when firing
• Tactical white 3-dot steel sights for quick target acquisition
• Ambidextrous slide stop, reversible magazine release, and optional ambidextrous thumb safety
• Simple M&P take-down lever, for easy disassembly and maintenance
• M&P pistol sear deactivation lever – safe take-down without having to pull the trigger
• Armornite® – hardened nitride durable corrosion resistant finish on barrel and slide
• Cerakote® FDE finish over Armornite® on Flat Dark Earth M2.0 slides