S&W wants you to go easy with the new M&P380 Shield EZ pistol
SPRINGFIELD, Mass., (February 5, 2018) – Smith & Wesson Corp. today announced the addition of the new M&P380 Shield EZ pistol to the company’s market-leading M&P Shield pistol series. Built for personal protection and every-day carry, the M&P380 Shield EZ is chambered in .380 AUTO and is designed to be easy to use, featuring an easy-to-rack slide, easy-to-load magazine, and easy-to-clean design.
Jan Mladek, General Manager of M&P and S&W Brands, said, “When we set out to design the M&P380 Shield EZ pistol, our goal was to deliver an all-around, easy to use personal protection pistol – from loading and carrying, to shooting and cleaning. Throughout the development process, we focused on key areas that customers told us were important- the ease of racking the slide and loading the magazine. With that in mind, we reduced the amount of force required to rack the slide, and developed a magazine that is both easy and efficient to load. We have incorporated both of these new features into the M&P380 Shield EZ pistol, allowing consumers of all statures and strengths the opportunity to own, comfortably practice with, and effectively utilize this exciting new pistol. The new M&P380 Shield EZ pistol provides an easy-to-use personal protection option for both first-time shooters and experienced handgunners alike.”
Built for personal and home protection, the new M&P380 Shield EZ pistol is the latest addition to the M&P M2.0™ family and features an 8+1 round capacity and a 3.675” barrel. The M&P380 Shield EZ pistol ships with two 8 round magazines that include a load assist button for quick, easy loading, as well as a picatinny-style equipment rail to accommodate accessories. The pistol also features an optimal M&P pistol 18-degree grip angle for a natural point of aim, white-dot front and adjustable white-dot rear sights, and a light, crisp trigger with an MSRP of $399.
The M&P380 Shield EZ pistol has begun shipping, and will be widely available at firearms dealers across the nation by the end of February 2018.
M&P380 Shield EZ pistol features include:
- Easy-to-rack slide for trouble-free manipulation
- Tapered rear slide serrations, providing an easy-to-grasp surface
- Easy-to-load magazine design with load assist button for quick, easy loading
- One-piece, single action trigger for crisp trigger pull with tactile and audible trigger reset
- Windage- adjustable, white dot rear sight
- 0 enhanced grip texture optimized to size and .380 AUTO recoil
- Tactile loaded chamber indicator to both see and feel if a round is in the chamber
- Reversible magazine release that’s easily adjusted for left or right hand operation
- Available with ambidextrous manual thumb safety